Due to the COVID-19 outbreak and subsequent public safety guidelines, we have temporarily suspended most in-person evaluations and are currently unable to provide invasive non-urgent medical evaluations, neurological evaluations, and most other evaluations that require extensive and/or in-person appointments. We are able to provide some remote, video-based psychological evaluations; however, our current capacity is limited. We are also continuing to arrange some in-person medical evaluations for applicants with imminent deadlines & critical needs.
Evaluations for NWDC Detainees
We recognize the increasing need for evaluations for detainees at the Northwest Detention Center/ ICE Processing Center; we are eagerly and actively exploring alternative opportunities to safely resume detention-based evaluations. At this time, however, we are unable to provide remote psychological evaluations for detainees. We may, however, be able to arrange a limited number of urgent in-person medical evaluations for individuals held in the NWDC.
All evaluations are conducted by volunteer clinicians and health providers who donate their expertise and time. Given the significant impacts of the Coronavirus pandemic and subsequent public health restrictions on all aspects of our lives, it may take longer than normal for our volunteers to complete an affidavit. If there are any changes to your client’s case and deadlines, please call us immediately. We cannot guarantee that an evaluation will be completed within the requested time frame. Our volunteer evaluators reserve the right to decline or retract their evaluations and findings at any time.
Click Here to Learn More about Current Evaluation Openings.
How To Request An Evaluation
The NEW Online Referral Process
In an effort to ensure that all evaluation requests are received and reviewed in an equitable and timely manner, the Evaluation Network has transitioned to a secure electronic referral process.
The previous online request portal was discontinued as of November 15th 2019. Requests sent directly through email, fax, or through the mail will not be considered unless an online referral form is also submitted. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Applicant’s Identifying Information: legal names, date of birth, country of origin, gender, detention status, client type, A#s, etc.
- Details about your client’s assessment and logistical needs : type(s) of evaluation(s) requested, case type, case status, hearing/interview dates, affidavit deadlines, interpretation needs, testimony needs, special considerations, applicant’s city of residence, applicant’s availability, etc..
- Other Case Details: basis for asylum, specifics to evaluate, additional information about other legal concerns or criminal history.
- Demographic Information (Optional): Providing information about the applicant’s employment , housing, educational history, household size, and potential resource needs.
- Contact Information: Legal representative’s contact information, applicant’s contact information.
Once you have submitted the evaluation request form, please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A signed release of information (click here to download blank form)**
- A full draft of the applicant’s case declaration**
- Any additional medical & mental health records, police reports, or additional documents that are available, may be relevant for the evaluation.
PLEASE NOTE: We cannot accept referrals without these docx**
If you have any questions, call George Miller at (971) 319-3704