01.2022 Services Update
The Evaluation Network prioritizes evaluation requests for applicants who are represented pro-bono in their immigration case(s). Please be advised that during this pandemic period of reduced volunteer capacity and high demand, we may be unable to consider requests for low-bono or paying clients. If you would like to receive more information about alternative, reduced-cost psychological evaluation services for a low-bono or paying client, or to check in with our team about capacity for low-bono/paying client referrals, please contact us at email@example.com. The network also prioritizes referrals for Survivors of Torture and those who have a connection to the city of Seattle (live, work, or go to school in the city limits). At this time we are not able to prioritize T- and U-Visa applicants.
Referrals for new evaluations cannot be accepted until affidavit draft review for other evaluation recipients on the referring legal representative’s case load are up-to-date. Many of our volunteers will not consider new evaluations until they have finalized previous evaluations; in the interest of providing our services to as many applicants as possible, timely draft review is prioritized for all parties.
- What is Affidavit Draft Review? After a volunteer completes an affidavit, a working draft is sent to the applicant’s legal representative(s) for review before the affidavit is finalized, signed & mailed. We ask that legal representatives provide punctual feedback on any affidavits in process before submitting new referrals.
All psychological evaluation appointments are currently conducted remotely via secure, HIPAA-compliant video calls. We are only able to consider exceptions to this policy for children & youth on a case-by-case basis. Click here for more information about our remote psychological evaluation services.
All medical evaluation appointments are currently conducted in-person. At this time, we are prioritizing applicants with court/interview/filing deadlines within the next 6 months. Applicants without urgent deadlines or critical personal needs for a medical evaluation will remain on the waitlist until the public health risk is further reduced. We do not offer medical evaluations via video call. Click here for more information about our current medical evaluation services.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Request An Evaluation
The Online Referral Process
A referral is not a guarantee that an evaluation will occur. After receipt and approval, a staff member will try to schedule the requested assessment(s) with available and appropriate volunteer evaluator(s). Requests for expedited evaluations may be considered if a volunteer has an unfilled opening. Exact wait times may vary, please contact The Evaluation Network Support Team (email@example.com, 206-806-1061) for updates. Please also see 12/2021 timeline changes in the “Policies and Procedures” button above.
In an effort to ensure that all evaluation requests are received and reviewed in an equitable and timely manner, the Evaluation Network has transitioned to a secure electronic referral process.
The previous online request portal was discontinued as of November 15th 2019. Requests sent directly through email, fax, or through the mail will not be considered unless an online referral form is also submitted. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Applicant’s Identifying Information: legal names, date of birth, country of origin, gender, detention status, client type, A#s, etc.
- Details about your client’s assessment and logistical needs : type(s) of evaluation(s) requested, case type, case status, hearing/interview dates, affidavit deadlines, interpretation needs, testimony needs, special considerations, applicant’s city of residence, applicant’s availability, etc..
- Other Case Details: basis for asylum, specifics to evaluate, additional information about other legal concerns or criminal history.
- Demographic Information (Optional): Providing information about the applicant’s employment , housing, educational history, household size, and potential resource needs, and connection to the city of Seattle (work, home or school in city limits), if applicable.
- Contact Information: Legal representative’s contact information, applicant’s contact information.
Once you have submitted the evaluation request form, please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A signed release of information (click here to download blank form)**
- A full draft of the applicant’s case declaration**
- Any additional medical & mental health records, police reports, or additional documents that are available, may be relevant for the evaluation.
**PLEASE NOTE: We cannot accept referrals without these documents
If you have any questions, please email our team at email@example.com!