03.2021 Services Update
Due to staff and volunteer capacity restraints stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic, we are implementing the following referral & waitlist policy changes:
The Evaluation Network prioritizes evaluation requests for applicants who are represented pro-bono in their immigration case(s). Please be advised that during this period of reduced volunteer capacity and high demand, we may be unable to consider requests for low-bono or paying clients. If you would like to receive more information about alternative, reduced-cost psychological evaluation services for a low-bono or paying client, or to check in with our team about capacity for low-bono/paying client referrals, please contact us at email@example.com.
Referrals for new evaluations cannot be accepted until affidavit draft review for other evaluation recipients on the referring legal representative’s case load are up-to-date. Many of our volunteers will not consider new evaluations until they have finalized previous evaluations; in the interest of providing our services to as many applicants as possible, timely draft review is prioritized for all parties.
- What is Affidavit Draft Review? After a volunteer completes an affidavit, a working draft is sent to the applicant’s legal representative(s) for review before the affidavit is finalized, signed & mailed. We ask that legal representatives provide punctual feedback on any affidavits in process before submitting new referrals.
All psychological evaluation appointments are currently conducted remotely via secure, HIPAA-compliant video calls. We are only able to consider exceptions to this policy for children & youth on a case-by-case basis. Click here for more information about our remote psychological evaluation services.
All medical evaluation appointments are currently conducted in-person. In keeping with public health guidelines, we are only scheduling applicants with court/interview/filing deadlines within the next 6 months. Applicants without urgent deadlines or critical personal needs for a medical evaluation will remain on the waitlist until the public health risk is further reduced. We do not offer medical evaluations via video call. Click here for more information about our current medical evaluation services.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Request An Evaluation
The NEW Online Referral Process
In an effort to ensure that all evaluation requests are received and reviewed in an equitable and timely manner, the Evaluation Network has transitioned to a secure electronic referral process.
The previous online request portal was discontinued as of November 15th 2019. Requests sent directly through email, fax, or through the mail will not be considered unless an online referral form is also submitted. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Applicant’s Identifying Information: legal names, date of birth, country of origin, gender, detention status, client type, A#s, etc.
- Details about your client’s assessment and logistical needs : type(s) of evaluation(s) requested, case type, case status, hearing/interview dates, affidavit deadlines, interpretation needs, testimony needs, special considerations, applicant’s city of residence, applicant’s availability, etc..
- Other Case Details: basis for asylum, specifics to evaluate, additional information about other legal concerns or criminal history.
- Demographic Information (Optional): Providing information about the applicant’s employment , housing, educational history, household size, and potential resource needs.
- Contact Information: Legal representative’s contact information, applicant’s contact information.
Once you have submitted the evaluation request form, please email the following documents to email@example.com:
- A signed release of information (click here to download blank form)**
- A full draft of the applicant’s case declaration**
- Any additional medical & mental health records, police reports, or additional documents that are available, may be relevant for the evaluation.
**PLEASE NOTE: We cannot accept referrals without these documents
If you have any questions, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org!